Down Royal Racecourse, Northern Ireland’s premier dual discipline racecourse is looking to recruit a Head Grounds person for a full-time permanent role.
This is a senior appointment and therefore, the successful applicant will be expected to lead the team and deliver a quality racing surface all year round, manage the maintenance of the surrounding areas to the highest possible standard of presentation, as well as assisting in the operational aspects of race days and events.
We are looking for the right person who can make a real difference to our business. You are likely to be working in a similar role with a proven track record in racecourse grounds and venue management.
The roles and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Presentation of the parade ring; racecourse and wider environs to the highest standard for race days.
- Carrying out general grounds duties such as cutting the grass, watering, aligning running rail; set up and maintenance of fences/ hurdles and race day preparations.
- Creation of work and fertiliser programmes to ensure the racecourse is maintained to the highest possible standard.
- Establishing and managing budgets for all aspects of work undertaken and ensuring that those budgets are adhered to.
- Liaising with suppliers to order products and services where required.
- Ensure machinery is maintained and serviced to an acceptable standard.
- Managing and upskilling staff to ensure that they can carry out their duties in an efficient manner and to an acceptable standard.
- Liaising with the CEO & Clerk of the Course to ensure the highest standards of health and safety.
- Maintaining and creating relationships with key suppliers.
- Be available to work evenings/weekends and attend every race meeting to oversee the meeting.
- Any other duties as required and directed by the CEO.
Salary will be dependent on experience.
Please send all CV’s directly to Emma Meehan, CEO of Down Royal Racecourse via email: email@example.com by 9th January 2023.