Your privacy is important to us, so we want to let you know exactly what personal information we use and why, when you have an A.I.R. racecourse admission account.
What personal information do we use in connection with your account?
In addition to your name:
- your address;
- the data and times when you entered a race meeting or racecourse using your entitlement;
- your HRI account number (if applicable), or A.I.R. account number;
- administrative details relating to your A.I.R. account (such as the number of cards issued to your account, related accounts, your account status, and account notes); and
- in some cases, your photograph.
Where does the personal information come from?
Your name and address (and in some cases your photograph) may have come from:
- you; or
- the governing body that provides your admission card entitlement (like Horse Racing Ireland, the Irish Horseracing Regulatory Board, the Irish Racehorse Trainers Association, or other similar organisations).
Other personal information is generated by us in connection with your account and use of the associated admission card.
What is the personal information used for?
We use your personal information:
- to provide and administer admission (where permitted) to race meetings, or restricted areas of racecourses, within the terms associated with your account; and
- to provide details of your attendance at racecourses to relevant governing bodies associated with Irish horse racing in connection with the proper and safe administration of the sport in accordance with its governing rules.
We also use the personal information to generate anonymous statistical information about attendances at race meetings. We do not use it for any other purposes.
What is the legal basis for using your personal information?
We only use your personal information when legally we can do so. In this case, we use it for our respective legitimate interests:
- in being able to provide you with admission to race meetings using an A.I.R. admission card; and
- facilitating the proper and safe administration of horse racing.
How long do we keep your personal information?
Until twenty-four months after you last used your entitlement or your entitlement ceases. Personal information relating to your total attendances at race meetings, including dates and times of your entry, is retained for no more than twelve months. Photographs and physical forms you provide us containing your personal information are retained for no more than one month.
Who else gets your personal information?
In connection with the purposes for which we use it, your personal information is provided to:
- third parties such as information technology and information services providers, so they can provide their services to us;
- racecourses, so they can determine your admission entitlement; and
- the governing body your entitlement is attached to, for the administration of that entitlement.
Your personal information is not transferred outside the European Union.
What are your rights?
You have the right to:
- access your personal information;
- require us to delete it;
- rectify any personal information we hold that is incorrect; and
- object to A.I.R. processing your personal information for purposes we consider to be in our legitimate interest.
If you want to exercise these rights, please let us know in writing (email@example.com). You will need to provide information to verify and complete your request. We will complete your request within thirty days. If you do object to the processing of your personal information, this may affect our ability to continue to have a relationship with you.
Lodging a complaint
You can at any time complain about our processing of your personal information with the Data Protection Commissioner: Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, R32 AP23, Co. Laois, Ireland (www.dataprotection.ie)
How do you contact us?
The data controller is the Association of Irish Racecourses. You can write to our data protection officer at: 63 Fitzwilliam Square, Dublin 2, or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org